Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My New 'Nephew'

Today, August 9, 2011, Baby Liam arrived into the world today, weighing in at 8 lb., 12 oz. He's my new 'nephew,' and he is the son of my very best friend, Laura. It's killing me that I couldn't be there today to meet him and won't be able to meet him until later this year (now I know how she must have felt when Sara Kate was born!)...but that just means they will be well adjusted to parenthood when Chris and I and our 20(ish) month old invade their home. Ha!!
Isn't he beautiful?!?
It's so crazy to think way back to the 7th grade when Laura and I met at an All-Region band try-out, we would still be best friends 18 years later and we would be holding sweet little angels in our arms.
Our babies are 16 months apart, and I look forward to many family vacations with them in the future. I'm so blessed to have a life long best friend, and that Chris and Les, and now Sara Kate and Liam, have all fit just perfectly into our little world. Laura, I love you so much and am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to get to Savannah and meet your sweet boy...and Sara Kate can't wait to boss around her new 'cousin!!' :-)

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
--Elizabeth Stone


No comments:

Post a Comment