Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vacation Part 5 - Nashville

We were sad to leave our friends in Savannah, especially Sara Kate's new friend Liam.  We had a wonderful visit, and we're already looking forward to our next trip.
Since we drove through Alabama on the way to Savannah, we thought we'd mix things up and drive back home through Nashville and stop to visit my brother and sister-in-law.  Like I mentioned, Phillip came down to visit us when we were in Alabama but Holly had to work and couldn't take off.  I think we arrived around 3:00 and they thought it would be fun to take Sara Kate to The Rainforest Cafe.  
Holly asked that we be seated by a fish tank, which she loved.  
 
She loved walking around and seeing all the animals, that is until the tiger roared when she was right infront of it.  But she had a great time.  
 
We attempted to walk around the mall but since it was Sunday all the stores closed early.  It was still good to give us a chance to stretch our legs and to let Sara Kate walk around a good bit.  On the way out, we drove by the Grand Ole Opry (which they recently got to go to).
 
We were going to stop for some ice cream but then Phillip had the GLORIOUS idea to stop by The Cheesecake Factory and get cheesecake!  YES PLEASE!!!!  Oh, how divine...
Yep, she got her hand into it before daddy could give her a bite!
We spent the rest of the night hanging out at their apartment, and unfortunately we had to get up early and leave Monday morning.  Chris had to be in Conway by 2:00 for a camp we were dropping him off at and Phillip and Holly both had to work.  It was a short visit, but we are so happy they let us come by.  Hopefully we can visit there for a longer period of time soon.

Overall, we had a wonderful vacation, however, it was exhausting!  I would say that it was very hard taking a 2 year old on a trip like that, especially when she doesn't sleep well away from her bed.  It made it very hard on me because she only wanted to sleep on me, and that means I don't sleep.  My stress level was through the roof, as I was wanting her to be her normal, sweet, funny self, but she was off her game all week, I'm guessing because she was just over tired.  I'm so glad we were able to visit my grandmother, brother, and of course my very best friend, and I would do it all over again just to experience those moments and to gain those memories.  I haven't sworn off vacations with our toddler, as I'm already thinking about that beach vacation!  :-)  So I hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into our travels, and hopefully I can return to normal blogging.  I have lots to say about what all Sara Kate is up to right now!  Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment