Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vacation Part 2 - Savannah

On July 3 we left Alabama to head to Savannah, home of my very best friend since 7th grade.  The last time I saw her was in September of 2010, when she and Leslie came over to visit and meet Sara Kate.  Since then, they have a baby boy of their own (who will be 1 in less than a month) so it was past time for us to get over there!  It's 8 hours between my grandmother's and Laura's and we made really good time!  I think we got there by 4 pm.  We had a wonderful reunion and I was so happy to finally meet baby Liam.  He's too cute for words!  We hung out at their house Tuesday night and just relaxed.  Wednesday was the 4th of July and we had plans to go to a neighborhood pool of some of their friends and swim and cook out.  The weather was perfect for a pool day and Sara Kate had a BLAST!!
Happy 4th from the Michaels Family!
 The kids were ready to go!
 
 
Liam got pulled around in his little float and apparently, it's a sure fire way to get him to go to sleep!  So cute!
I'm going to brag right now and say that my kid is 2 years old and she can swim by herself.  After being in a big pool a total of 1 or 2 times last summer and 2 times so far this summer, she can swim by herself!!!  And she wants to!  'No no, mommy!  I do!'  I was a fish as a kid, taught myself to swim, and to this day I just love the water.  She obviously takes after her mama!
The big thing we did over and over again was she would jump off the side...
And swim to the ladder all by herself.  She did this over and over and over again!!  We'll have to get a video of her swimming because really, I am so proud of her!!
 
 We were at the pool for probably 3 hours or so before we went back to Laura's friends house to cook out.  The only way we could get Sara Kate to leave the pool was to bribe her with a popsicle, ha!!  And she didn't forget!  She walked straight into a house of people she didn't know, went right to the freezer and started saying 'Popsicle!  Popsicle!'  Thankfully they had some and were very kind.
She's such a rock star with her shades on, ha! :-)
 
 After an afternoon there, we headed back to Laura and Leslie's to hang out.  The kids had on cute little red, white, and blue outfits so we had to have a photo shoot.  You can't really tell in the pictures, but Sara Kate's shorts are red, white, and blue plaid.  I bought this outfit last summer at the OshKosh outlet, and at the time I thought it would be perfect for this year's 4th of July!
2 blue eyed cuties!
 Sara Kate thought she would take control...Liam's not too sure.
 Then Liam thought he would put the mack on...Sara Kate's not too sure. 
We spent the rest of the evening hanging out at Laura's house.  We didn't go see any fireworks, which was probably a good thing considering by dark we had 2 tired babies.  Plus, Sara Kate is scared of all things loud (hair drier, lawn mower, vacuum) so I didn't think she would really like fireworks this year.  We watched the 4th special from New York City...wow, those were awesome fire works!!  I think going to NYC to experience the 4th will go on my bucket list!  

Next up, THE BEACH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment