Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Under the Weather & My First Award

Well, you read that right. Under the Weather. Except it's not Sara Kate this time, it's me! Boo! Yesterday I was feeling crappy...taking soil samples in 100 degree heat and a horrible smell coming from the office next door (they are remodeling) didn't help. I attempted to eat a taco for dinner, probably not the best idea (I was hungry and that's what we were having for dinner). Then I ended up being up all night with an upset stomach. Needless to say, I took today off. I hate taking sick leave for myself. I know that doesn't make sense, I mean, that's why you get it, right? I just like it to accrue. Never know when it might come in handy!! Anyway. Chris took Sara Kate to school this morning (by the way, she slept in until 7 this morning, yay Sara Kate!) before he went to school and I slept most of the morning. I imagine I'll take another nap later. One thing I know is that my milk supply has taken a hit today because I haven't had much to drink since yesterday. Fortunately we have lots of milk in the freezer here and they have plenty at Sara Kate's school. I need to try and rehydrate this afternoon so I'll have enough for later...we should be good, though. So that's about all that's been going on here. Now onto Part 2...

I got a Blog Award!! Thanks to Janice over at The Northens for this wonderful honor. :-) (Janice teaches with Chris.)
I don't know how much of a 'Versatile Blogger' I am...I pretty much just write about Sara Kate and our family, but it was still nice for Janice to think of me! So here are the rules:

1. Thank the person that gave you the award.
2. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself (*readers...that's interesting...I really have no idea who all reads my blog!).
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers you have recently discovered & love reading about! (*Don't think I can get 15 so I'll just nominate my favorites to read!)
4. Contact the bloggers & let them know you gave them an award!

So here are my 7:
1. My dream job is to work at the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta.
2. My real job has me working with dirt and chicken shit...sorry to be so blunt, but that's what it is! Definitely not glamorous!
3. I get addicted to reality TV way too easy...The Bachelorette (thanks, mom!), Top Chef, Project Runway...love them!
4. Chris and I started dating, were engaged, and got married all within a year and a half. When ya know, ya know!
5. This is kinda sad, but Chris and I really don't have alot of friends here in town. But we do have friends scattered ALL over the United States. Literally, coast to coast! Makes for some good vacation spots! :-)
6. Speaking of vacations, we LOVE to travel! This is the first summer in our 6.5 years together we haven't taken a trip, but we knew that going into getting pregnant. Future vacation spots we'd love to hit include Napa Valley (again), a cruise to a lovely Caribbean destination, Chicago, at some point we would love to go back to Hawaii...the list could go on and on!
7. Being Sara Kate's mom is the BEST thing I've ever done and I am so grateful to God for giving her to us.

Now, I'll pass along the award to the following ladies.

1. Elizabeth at Nathaniel, Elizabeth, and Grace
2. Laura at nate.laura.parker.kota
3. Julie at The Green House
4. Becca at The Patterson Family
5. Jennifer at Joshua Brody Francis
6. Ashley at Ashley's Avenue
7. Melissa at Stafford Stories
8. Julee at Matt & Julee Turner
9. Haley at Nicodemus' Life
10. Jessica at The Southern Belle Baby
11. Life with the Sweetpeas
12. Mitzi at Good-son Family Journey

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen thanks for the award! You are too sweet! Next time us girls, Kelly, Ashley, Julee, Jennifer, and I go to lunch we are inviting you to join us. Your little girl is adorable. I hope you are doing well. I was at the office on Monday afternoon with G. I wish I would have known you were in the office. Anyways we may be there tomorrow for a bit. Thanks again and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristen! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait a tick.....I didn't know you guys had a blog! Sara Kate is a beauty! Can't wait to start reading about what's going on in your little family....thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete