Friday, August 27, 2010

Sick Girl

Sara Kate has been sick this week...like her first REAL sickness. I know I posted something about her being under the weather from her shots a couple weeks ago, but this week she's had congestion, a cough, and a seriously runny nose. Poor kid wakes up with her eyes crusted over, too. Her sleeping has been off this week (Tuesday night she woke up 8 times! Granted, I gave her a pacifier and she went back to sleep..still, 8 times! Wednesday night was better, maybe she woke up 4 times. Last night she made it all night but she was awake at 5:30 this morning. We borrowed a humidifier and used that the last 2 nights, and we think that's helped!). Her eating has been off, too (she hasn't been eating her normal amounts in her bottles at school and I almost have to trick her into nursing sometimes). She started getting a little congested Sunday and by Monday it was full blown. Chris felt bad taking her to school, but we didn't really have a choice. She didn't have a fever or diarrhea (their policy for a kid to go home) so she's been going all week. We said if she was still like this on Thursday or Friday we'd take her to the doctor. After I sucked a ton of green snot out of her nose yesterday morning (Thursday), I called and made her a doctor's appointment. The doctor checked her out, and said her lungs sounded really clear and good, but he could hear that she was congested. He checked her ears and said that she did have fluid in both ears but it wasn't awful right now. He said that was from all the drainage, along with not eating as much and her green poops. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics but said not to fill it yet...he said wait another day or 2 and see if she gets worse and if she does, then fill it. He said that hopefully Tuesday night was the worst of it and she'll improve from there. She's still coughing and is still congested, but she seems to feel a little better today. When I got home she was playing on her play mat and was just a kickin' those little legs! Right now she's in her activity center and she's into some rings and an attached rattle. I can't wait to snuggle with her later! :-)
Wednesday - you an see her poor little red eyes
Thursday - you can look at her and tell she feels bad...but she sure looked cute!
Friday - how adorable was she today?!?! I took this with my phone this morning and I've been looking at this picture all day. I think it's just so darn cute! And I got a smile...she just looks like she feels a little better!
So that's what we've been up to this week! I better get off here. Sara Kate has decided she's about ready to get out of her activity center, plus Chris about has our dinner ready...pancakes...yum! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment