Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Saturday

We finally had a weekend with nothing planned but somehow I ended up with tons of stuff to do and not much down time. Guess that's the way life goes, especially with a 1 year old! Saturday I woke up early (arghh!) and since I was up, I figured we should visit the Farmer's Market. Fayetteville has a great Farmer's Market and it's always a huge community event on Saturday's. The good stuff is starting to get there, too! Yum! Sara Kate played for a bit...
She had breakfast...
(yes, she was holding the spoon in her mouth...and she thought it was hilarious...and she was a sticky yogurt-y mess because she wanted to do it herself!)
We called Chris' mom and off we went!
I found some wonderful goodies, including green beans, blueberries, and cucumbers. Sharon got some fresh cilantro, zucchini, and scallions.
We went in this cute little boutique shop on the square where Sara Kate proceeded to have a melt down in the middle of the store, all because I wouldn't let her crawl across the floor. That combined with the fact that it was nap time made for an unhappy little girl! But we decided we couldn't leave down town without a visit to the cupcake shop!
The 3 of us shared a strawberry cupcake with strawberry cream cheese frosting and Sharon and I shared a peanut butter cupcake ball (she hasn't had anything peanut/peanut butter yet). Oh my goodness, pure deliciousness!!!! She LOVED it, but of course, what's not to like?! :-)
As soon as we were back in the car, Sara Kate fell asleep! She had a busy morning! We made a run to Target before heading back home for the rest of the day. We played for a little bit...
Before taking a pretty good afternoon nap, which allowed me to get some cleaning done and Chris ran to the grocery store. We had a lovely dinner of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (so grown up, don't ya think?!). After Sara Kate LOVED the macaroni and cheese last week, she wanted nothing to do with it Saturday night. She did however LOVE the hot dog and ate an entire one by herself. Nice. After dinner we played outside for a while, and I of course had my camera handy.
Love this picture!!
After a little more play time it was bath and bed time. We had a busy but fun Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say, Kristen, that you are so good at keeping up your blog. It is fun to read about you and SK and I wish I had your drive to keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete