Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! To my mom and Chris' mom, Sharon, thank you for being such good role models and showing me what a good mother is supposed to be. I am so blessed to have you both in my life, and I love you both very much. Since my mom is in El Dorado this year I'll have to post a picture from last year on Mother's Day when she was in town. And to my precious Sara Kate, without you I wouldn't be a mother. Love you to pieces. (I just have to say, the dress she wore today was the dress she wore on her church dedication in September when she was almost 5 months old. It's a 3 month size...AND IT STILL FITS!!! See picture below of her in the dress then.)
Anyway, back to today. Look at what she made me at school? They gave it to me when I picked her up Friday but I didn't open it until today. It made me get all teary!! She also got me some perfume and my favorite peanut butter M&M's. And she even wrote her name on the card. So sweet. We've had a nice relaxing day, which included church, lunch, and going to get Sara Kate her big girl car seat!! Yes, she's still been in the infant carrier...but hey, she's still under the weight requirement. But we now have convertible car seats in our cars and the infant carrier is getting washed and ready to go in the box in the attic. The rest of our day includes big plans! Phillip is coming over to cook his delicious shrimp alfredo for us for dinner and Chris' mom will join us for that. After dinner, Chris and I are going to a show at the Walton Arts Center, Le Miserables. We bought the tickets last summer, and we've heard that the show is amazing. So we'll have a fun night out, while Sara Kate enjoy's a fun night in with her Meme. Hope all you mom's have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment