Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!

Happy Easter!! We are so blessed to worship a risen Savior!! We sang a new song at church today (that I just love!) and the chorus is perfect for Easter. It's 'Glorious Day' by Casting Crowns, and here's the chorus:

Living, He loved me

Dying, He saved me

Buried, He carried my sins far away

Rising, He justified freely forever

One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day,
Oh glorious day
!

It has been a gloomy, rainy Easter Sunday here in Northwest Arkansas. Ya'll, it seriously has been raining for what seems like a week straight! Wednesday afternoon we had crazy thunderstorms and a major hail storm come through, Thursday night we had thunderstorms with hail, Friday night we had tornadoes in the area and bad thunderstorms, it rained and thunder-stormed all day Saturday (including hail), and it has rained and thunder-stormed all day today. And it's supposed to do this all night and all day tomorrow, plus off and on all week. There is some serious flooding going on at the moment in our area. Here's looking out our front door.
But things were bright and glorious at church this morning. Lots of folks may not realize it, but this is Sara Kate's first Easter!! Here we were at Easter last year.
With my due date still 3 weeks away, little did I know I was less than 1 week away from delivering this little princess!
So here's our 1st family Easter picture. I just love her dress. I found it a couple months ago on clearance at Dillard's, and she got so many compliments on it today. My mom was right when we found it, the blue was perfect to bring out her eye color!
And then she realized she had a bow on her head but here's an equally good picture sans bow.
Chris' parents came to our church today and that was so nice. Sara Kate looks tired...it's because she was!
With Bob heading back to Kansas early because of weather, we had no other plans for the day. So Phillip went with us and we had brunch at The Village Inn. Wow, they have quite the selection!! The meal started like this for Sara Kate...
But it ended like this!
Silly girl! She had some of Uncle Phil's pancakes and pretty much all of my scrambled eggs.

We came home and had to check out what the Easter bunny brought her! The joke I saw on Facebook earlier was that the Easter bunny had to take a canoe to get around here!
My mom brought up my Easter basket from when I was a kid so we used that for now. She just had a birthday so I just couldn't think of anything she needed, but I thought eventually she's going to get into Disney. So we started her a Disney movie collection and decided to start out with the most recent, 'Tangled' (plus we want to see it...I hear it's really cute). :-)
And here's all her loot, from Meme and Poppa, Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jason, and Gran and Pop. Lucky little girl!
We finished the day with a nice little nap together for Sara Kate and I (it was very reminiscent of when she was a little baby and we used to nap together all the time...loved those times!)...
And a little dinner made by Uncle Phil. No picture of that but it was some yummy sausage and broccoli pasta. Hopefully he didn't have to swim home. Ha! Despite the rain, it was a great Easter! Hope everyone else had a great Easter, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment