Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Well, another weekend has come and gone, and as usual, it came and went too quickly. I am really enjoying my new job though, so at the moment I'm not necessarily dreading Monday's. Although, when my alarm goes off at 5 in the morning, I'm sure I'll change my tune. Ha! So what have we been up to this weekend? Let's see...
Friday night we had dinner with Chris' mom and then had a little play time at Meme's house!
We got a little musical concert from Sara Kate on the tambourine, and her daddy on the guitar.
She was mesmerized and just sat there and watched him play.
And this could be my new favorite picture. Chris doing one of the things he does best, while Sara Kate looks up at him. So so so so sweet.
Saturday the babe woke up a little earlier than normal, but she and Chris still allowed me to sleep in. We spent the morning at home, but eventually needed to run a few errands, so we hit up Chick-Fil-A for lunch, where Sara Kate tasted chicken for the first time (she got the inside meat part, which I'm sure is still filled with grease, but oh well). I think she was a fan...I mean really, what's not to like?!? Anyway, then we hit up Lowe's so Chris could replace our toilet seat. Yes, there is a story there, and no I won't go into it! :-) Our last stop was Target, where I had to get several baby gifts. It was kind of weird, I had a cart full of baby stuff but none of it was for Sara Kate! Don't worry, her daddy bought her something too cute that will debut on here soon!
We had a delicious dinner prepared by my brother...Sara Kate was super excited about seeing Uncle Phil!
Sunday included church, a wedding shower after church, and a visit from Sara Kate's great grandpa! Chris' grandparents live in Bentonville, and we don't get up there often enough to spend time with them so it was nice of him to stop by the house for a visit.
The rest of the day included playing with Sara Kate, Chris has watched a movie, and I have attempted to catch up on blogging...
I love this picture!!! Those eyes, that grin, and of course a little zebra print! :-) Meme made this dress, just the way I requested it. Love!
And I've done the usual Sunday activities like making a batch or 2 of baby food and laundry.

Oh, and the other thing I have done this weekend is search and search for ideas for Sara Kate's birthday, which will be here before I know it. I have obsessed for a couple weeks over the perfect outfit, which has to match the perfect theme, for her first birthday...I have obsessed like only a mother could over something so small and insignificant. But I am a perfectionist and I have this certain vision in mind (which has changed as of late). But now I think I have everything in mind, now it's just a matter of execution over the next several weeks!

Hope everyone has a good week! Hopefully it doesn't go by too slowly because next weekend will be fun filled, with a visit from Gran and Pop (although Chris has a snow make up day and my mom has to teach a workshop...oh well).
This picture cracks me up...it was super windy outside and Sara Kate's expression is one of non-amusement (yes, I probably just made up a word).

Here's one that's a little better.
Peace out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment