Sunday, March 7, 2010

33 Weeks

We've had an eventful week! The week started with a doctor's appointment on Monday. The appointment went well...my blood pressure is good, no protein or sugars in my urine, my weight gain is perfect, and Sara Kate's heart rate was around 140 beats per minute. We also learned that she is positioned head down, and the doctor said at this point it's very unlikely she will flip completely back around. I guess anything could happen, though. I can feel her bottom towards the top of my belly and Chris and I have felt a foot sticking out. Also, I've felt the first (of many, I'm sure) kicks to the ribs. I go back on March 15 for another quick check and then I start weekly appointments. I'm still feeling fine. I'm exhausted by the end of the day, and I've got a new back pain that's between my shoulder blades. It's annoying, but I'm doing alright!! Here's my 33 week belly picture.
We have a new fruit this week, too!!

Baby's now the size of a honeydew! Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and her brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, she'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, her bones are hardening, and she's started to keep her eyes open when she's awake.



The middle of the week brought Sara Kate officially getting pre-enrolled in daycare, and I'm relieved to have that taken care of. I'm not crazy about the word 'daycare'...I think I'll say she is going to school every day. Ha! Can she go to school when she's 4 months old?? Anyway, I went and paid the deposit to hold her spot and gave them our information. We just need to call them back this summer and take her by so we can start getting to know her teachers (teachers - their words, not mine). I also want to call back in early summer to make sure we definitely have a spot come August!!!!

The week ended by getting word that the glider was in! Phillip helped Chris pick it up today (site-to-store at Wal-Mart is awesome!!). They put it together, and it didn't take long at all. Chris laughed and said he got help putting together the easiest piece of furniture he's had to build.
And finally, a little sneak peak of my wall letter project. You'll notice the 'S' has no covering. That's because I'm an idiot and traced and cut out the letter backwards. Somehow I managed to leave Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago without any spare paper. I don't know what made me think I could do a project like this without screwing something up! Ha!! I still have to glue the paper to the letters and cut out the circles of the 'A's and the 'R.' I think they are gonna be cute when finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment