Sunday, March 21, 2010

35/35 and Welcome Spring!

Since I tend to be writing these posts on Sunday, I'm 35 weeks (and a couple days). What's 35/35 you may wonder? Well, I'm 35 weeks and that means there are 35 days left. That alone could make one say 'AHHHH!!' And I agree, it's a freaky thing to know there are 35 (or less) days left. My doctor's appointment this week went well. I gained no weight, my blood pressure was slightly elevated, and there were no protein or sugars in my urine. I go back tomorrow (3/22) and from now on go weekly and they do internal checks to check for dilation and effacement. The doctor told me this week that he doubted I had made any progress. My response was FINE with me! It made him look at me funny. I told him that I was fine with the baby staying in there for 6 more weeks. Ha! I'm sure I'll change my tune in a couple more weeks. So I'll update if there is any progress tomorrow, otherwise, I'll just write later in the week. Here's my 35 week belly picture.
I still have people telling me regularly that I'm pretty small, but I'm actually starting to feel not so small. Sara Kate seems to be moving all the time. Chris has felt some pretty good kicks lately, and we like to try to figure out what exactly we're feeling (foot, bottom, etc.). The other day she was sticking a foot out and he pushed on it; it made her kick out the other side, which made me say ouch! But all seems to be well, and that's all we could ask for. And here's our fruit/info. for the week.
Baby's now the size of a honeydew!

From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though she won't get much longer, she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. She's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) Her hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if she really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

**Let's hope this little one is actually a girl, otherwise, he has a beautiful purple and green room, complete with 'Sara Kate' on the wall!

So speaking of the room, it's done!! Mom and dad have been up here this weekend, and they've been a huge help! My dad got the valance hung (the blinds are up b/c dad caulked around the window...normally they would be down)....
And as I mentioned earlier, Sara Kate's name now graces the wall! Hanging those letters was an adventure. Wanna see something funny?? How many people does it take to figure out the best way to hang them?
Yep, it took everybody to figure out the best way to hang them (with me laughing behind the camera!). We decided to hang them over the changing table instead of over the crib b/c we would hate for her to pull them off the wall when she gets old enough to stand in her crib. Plus there will be a mobile on the crib that might obstruct the view of those pretty letters. Ha! Here's the finished product.
For the most part, the letters were easy to make. Here's how we did it:
1. Buy letters and scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. 2. Trace letters upside down, on the back of the paper, and cut them out. 3. Put a layer of Mod Podge on the letter, making sure the glue goes on smooth. 4. Carefully put paper on top of letter, smoothing out to make sure there are no bubbles. 5. After step 4 has dried, apply a 2nd or 3rd coat of the Mod Podge on top to seal everything together (drying between each coat).

And now to the 'Welcome Spring' part of the post! Or instead, maybe this part should be titled 'Screw you, Spring!' Ha! Sorry if that was vulgar, but seriously, spring is no where to be found this weekend! On this beautiful first weekend of spring, northwest Arkansas is experiencing 8-12 inches of snow. Yep, that's right. Yesterday started with rain, then sleet, then rain and sleet mixed, then snow, then snow and sleet mixed, and then snow, snow, and more snow. Last time I went out and measured we were at 9.5 inches, and it's supposed to continue for the rest of the day and into tonight. I think I wrote on a blog post back in January that that storm was the most snow I'd ever seen. I would now like to retract that statement and say THIS is officially the most snow I've ever seen in my life! I just can't get over it! Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, and I'm glad my parents are getting to see snow like this (b/c we all know that weather like this doesn't happen in south Arkansas!)...I just thought winter was over! So instead of putting more pictures of our house with snow, I'll post some pictures that I took this morning when we decided to take a little Sunday drive (after we found our church was canceled). Yep, the roads were snowy and slushy, but it was nice to take in a little snowy scenery.
(The last one is looking out Sara Kate's window into our back yard).

And here are the dogs running around. They are so funny TRYING to run b/c it pretty much comes up to their stomachs. Poor Cora and her short(er) legs was having to hop around.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing a blog. The countdown has begun!! TAKE AS MANY NAPS AS YOU CAN!!!! You're gonna be such a good little mommy! I can't wait to see Miss Sara Kate! The room is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete