Sunday, March 28, 2010

36 Weeks

Another week has come and gone. My doctor's appointment on Monday went well. My weight and blood pressure were good, and they said nothing about any protein or sugars in my urine so I assume it was fine. As of that appointment, I'd made no progress. They checked my blood for iron deficiency and did the check for strep B bacteria. Don't know what the results of those tests were yet. I was measuring right at 35 weeks, so just a couple days behind (I was 35 and 1/2 weeks at the appointment). I go back tomorrow for another check. Hopefully NO progress! Ha! Like I wrote last week, I won't update unless there's something to report. I have to see the doctor I don't care for so I'm not really looking forward to that! Oh well, maybe his bedside manner will be a bit better. Here's my 36 week belly picture. I've totally run out of things to wear so I'm pretty much wearing the same 3 shirts over and over again. So ignore that! :-)
And we are still on honey dew for the fruit of the week.

Baby's now the size of a honeydew!

Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

I'm still feeling fine, and I definitely am feeling pregnant (even though more people told me this week I'm not very big). I've had a bit of insomnia this week, starting when I get up to go to the bathroom during the night. I think that's caused by some anxiety about what I need to get done in the next couple weeks. I'm starting to get a little nervous, not because I'm going to have a baby, but because I don't have control over when she'll be here. Guess that's the way it's supposed to be but there's just so much unknown! Oh yeah, I got to see our little friend 'Diana Hospital' again. Remember her?

Ha! I went to a breastfeeding class this week at the hospital. It was very informative but there was alot of information. The fact that this kid is going to be dependent on me for food/drink is probably adding to my anxiety! Oh, and one more thing. I said last week that Sara Kate's room was done. I was wrong. She now has a lamp in her room! Ya'll know how hard it is to find a white floor lamp?? It's impossible! My mom ordered this for, us and it looks great! The only thing left to do is hang up some original art work her Aunt Holly is making for her. Then I think it'll be totally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment