Sunday, March 14, 2010

34 Weeks

I'm 34 weeks (and a couple days by this point) and I feel like we're definitely in the down hill stretch. It's crazy to think Sara Kate will be here next month. I kinda panicked a bit on Friday when I checked some Facebook statuses and saw that a college friend who was due a couple weeks before me delivered her son last week. Lots of people are asking me if I'm ready and my answer is NO (which surprises them), but I'm not ready because of work...I still have WAY too much left to do before she comes!

This past week didn't bring too much excitement, besides our annual ant problem raring it's ugly head, but that's a totally different story. We can officially say that Sara Kate's room now has all it's furniture! We got a book case this week, and Chris and Phillip put it together yesterday. They said it was a pain to build, but it feels like a really solid piece of furniture, especially for being a sale piece at Target! You'll also notice there's a mattress leaned up against the wall...yay!! That's something else we have been waiting for! Thanks so much Grandma and Grandpa Mase!
The mattress is in the crib now, and I plan on washing the sheet today to put that on. I also plan on finishing up the wall letters today (hopefully) so my dad can help Chris hang them next weekend. I've been told by both our mothers that I need to start washing stuff, so maybe I'll get to work on that since we bought some hypo-allergenic detergent today. One other thing we need to do is clean out her closet to give her some space for stuff. Sounds like we have alot to do...ha!

I'm still feeling good. I'm still pretty active, and sleep is still good most of the time. The little back pain between my shoulder blades I mentioned last week has turned into a knot in my back that kept me awake last night because I couldn't turn over with out pain shooting in all directions. Sounds fun, right?? I need to lay on the heating pad, too. Add that to the 'to-do' list!! Sara Kate seems to be doing good, too. She's still super active. She was moving around all during church today...normally church is nap time. Maybe the stupid time change got her sleep schedule off, too. Ha! Here's my belly picture this week.
And she's still the size of a honeydew melon this week...same fruit, different info.

Baby's now the size of a honeydew!

Baby can recognize and react to simple songs...time to start practicing your lullabies! In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. Less cute news: She now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready!


In other news, I think Cody knows something is up. When he was a puppy we used to put him on the couch because he couldn't figure out how to get down on his own. That way we could go do stuff, like clean or cook dinner, without having to watch him like a hawk to make sure he wasn't getting into anything.

(I couldn't find a picture of him confined to the couch so here's a picture of the day we brought him home...wasn't he the cutest??? And wasn't he tiny? Ha!)
Well, 4 years and another dog later, he will NOT get on the couch...until a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting on the couch and he put his front paws up on the couch beside me. I thought maybe he just wanted his chest rubbed, but I told him to come up and to my amazement, he did! And he's been getting on the couch ever since then! He's also gotten really affectionate...that in itself isn't super unusual because he can be sweet when he wants to be. But lately, he just wants to be rubbed and loved on. So I think he can sense something is different! I think Cora is still oblivious...but then again, she's not the brightest tool in the shed (she's still cute, though, and we love her)!
They don't both get on the couch at the same time...Chris just tried to get them both up there to see what they'd do. To our surprise, they both got up there and stayed as long as Chris sat there. Two 70-lb dogs doesn't leave much room for a human!

No comments:

Post a Comment