Thursday, January 28, 2010

28 Weeks and Introducing.....

28 weeks means welcome to the 3rd Trimester! We're still hanging in there. I really don't have too much to report this week. Baby girl is still a movin' and a shakin'. Every night she gets pretty active between 8:30-10:00. Chris has a teacher friend whose son was the same way...turned out when he was born he had his nights and days mixed up. Ouch! I was thinking about that early this morning at 2 a.m. when a certain dog (who shall remain nameless...*cough*Cody*cough) just HAD to go outside. Well, I was awake for a little while and baby girl was moving around the whole time. Hopefully she doesn't come out with her nights and days mixed up but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Our fruit of the week is still an eggplant (think this is the last week for that).








Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

And here's the obligatory belly shot. Not the best picture, but you get the idea.

The other thing I thought I'd do this week is 'introduce' our little bundle of joy! So here she is... Sara Katherine Michaels!

This is her at 20 weeks...I'd love to have another ultrasound to see her again! Unfortunately, insurance only pays for one. And yep, she has a name. Lots of people already know, but I thought I'd officially post it on here. Sara was the name of Chris' Grandma Michaels, and Katherine was the middle name of my GG (grandmother Greer). We plan on calling her Sara Kate. Yep, we're doing a double name. My dad made the comment that double names are a southern thing and we live in Northwest Arkansas...yes we live in NW Arkansas, but I was raised in south Arkansas, and I would definitely say Arkansas is a southern state. We think it's very classic name and one that will grow well with her as she grows! Sara Kate has been our girl name for 5 years, and we decided we just couldn't give it up. A couple years ago, Chris actually had a Sara Kate in his class and fortunately, she was a good student and a very sweet girl so the name didn't get ruined. Ha!!

In other non-baby news, NW Arkansas is supposed to get hit tonight and tomorrow with an ice/snow storm. We've had freezing rain falling for a couple hours now and it's supposed to do that and sleet all night and then snow all day tomorrow and into Saturday morning. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the ice storm of 2009!! I keep saying I'm gonna build a snowman so maybe I'll actually do it this time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment