Wednesday, January 13, 2010

26 Weeks and Good News!

So the 3-hour glucose test SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!! I just felt blahh all day. The girls in the lab said that if they called then it was bad news. No phone call on Tuesday, that's good, I thought. Then Wednesday I had a message on my work phone (weird!) to call the doctor's office. Crap! That was my thought. So I called the nurse back and she said I PASSED my glucose test! YAY!!!!! She said everything looked good. I told her I was relieved with that news b/c the lab girls said no one would call if I passed...she said she likes to call no matter what. I forgot to ask what my levels were, but I'll ask at my next appointment on Feb. 1. Baby girl seems to be doing good (I know I said that last week...not sure what else to say!). The other night, Chris said she's likely to come out orange b/c I seem to be loving foods that are the color orange....naval oranges, goldfish crackers, and macaroni and cheese are current favorites! According to my 26-week email update from Fit Pregnancy, the baby has gone through a growth spurt in the last couple weeks and she will double in height from 20-28 weeks. I'd definitely agree with the growth spurt. I feel bigger and her kicks are stronger! Crazy to think there's only 14 weeks left in this pregnancy. It seems like time is flying by! Here's my belly picture this week. Compared to 2 weeks ago, it certainly looks like I've grown. Also, these maternity shirts accentuate the tummy!
Our fruit of the week is an eggplant! Gross! :-) She was an eggplant last week, too. Is that a fruit??

Baby's now the size of an eggplant!

Baby's soaking up your antibodies, getting her immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and she'll soon be practicing the blink...perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Other exciting news is we ordered the crib! It looks a little something like this:Yep, it's a convertible crib so she can use it for a long time. Seems to be the best bang for your buck, but it also seems really practical. We are also going to order a dresser/changing table but it's out of stock everywhere so that will wait until next month. We were hoping the crib would be in by today (Friday) so my dad and Chris can put it together this weekend after they paint the room...unfortunately it won't be here until Tuesday. Oh well. I'll post pictures next week, assuming I remember to take some, of baby girl's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment