Saturday, January 23, 2010

27 Weeks!

Baby girl is 27 weeks! And actually, today is January 23, which means exactly 3 months until my due date. Kinda crazy! A couple of people have asked if I'm nervous. My answer right now is no, ask me again in April. Haha! I feel like things are pretty much under control. We have the room painted, the crib put together, we're going to order the bedding and the dresser/changer this week, we are signed up for birthing classes (the end of February), I've signed up for a breastfeeding class (sometime in February, I forget exactly when), we have an idea of what car seat/stroller we want and we're looking at crib mattresses, we need to check out pediatrician's at some point...I'm sure there is other stuff, I just don't know what it is. Thoughts? Suggestions?

This week has brought a tad bit of discomfort while sleeping, actually just the last couple of nights. Probably around 18-20 weeks, I was waking up at night with some hip pain if I'd been sleeping on my left side. Then it kind of went away. The last 2 nights I've been waking up with pain in my right hip, along with the same pain in my left hip. I woke up around 5 this morning and just couldn't get comfortable and ended up just dozing off and on for the next 3.5 hours. I'm sure this is nothing compared to what's to come, but it's still annoying! Also, I've started noticing that when I roll over at night it's not as simple as it once was...I have to almost sit up and turn over. Guess that belly is getting in the way. Ha! Speaking of the belly, here's my 27 week picture. Turns out the best picture we took today was one where I was being goofy. So goofy belly pic it is!
And our fruit of the week is still an eggplant, it just has different info.


Baby's now the size of an eggplant!
Baby's lungs are going through some major developments these days, which (combined with the opening of previously plugged nostrils) means she's now able to practice inhaling and exhaling. The lack of air in your womb means every "breath" is filled with amniotic fluid, but hey -- it's progress.

Ok, now for a funny story. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday (Happy Birthday, Sharon!!). Today we went up to Rogers and had lunch with the family to celebrate. Afterward we went to Chris' grandparents house to hang out for a bit. We were sitting there and Jenny (sister-in-law) had been patiently waiting to feel baby girl kick. She started kicking and I went and layed on the floor. Jenny was pressing on my belly and felt some pretty good kicks. We called Sharon over so she could get in on the action. So Sharon and Jenny had their hands on my belly trying to feel kicks and they told Hannah (our niece, who turns 2 in February) to come over and feel the baby. So she came over, knelt beside me, and put her hand on my boob. We all cracked up and Hannah was just as serious as she could be. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. It still makes me giggle! Hopefully the humor of the story comes through in this post! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment