Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

Update...we were able to get a couple mommy/Sara Kate pics this evening so I thought I'd go ahead and share! 
 
Happy Mothers Day!  To my mom, my mother in law, my 'sisters,' and my friends, I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day.  To my mom, I wouldn't be the person I am without you and for that I am forever grateful.  Thank you for being the kind of mom that I want to look up to and be like.  If I can be half the mom to Sara Kate that you've been to me, I will consider myself lucky.  We wish you were here with us to hang out but we look forward to seeing you soon.   
Me and my mommy, circa 1981
Me, my mommy, and my baby, circa 2012
 To my sweet Sara Kate, I wouldn't be a mommy without you!  I love you with all of my heart!! (She has been in a weird mood today and hasn't wanted her picture taken, even though she looks so precious in her animal seersucker dress!!)
Who can find a virtuous woman? She is far more precious than jewels...
Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come.

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the activities of her household and is never idle.

Her sons rise up and call her blessed.

Her husband also praises her:

Many women are capable, but you surpass them all!

Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.

~Proverbs 31:10, 25-30

1 comment:

  1. Wow-- that picture of you and your Mom in 1981 shows how much you look like your mom did then! You could be twins!!

    ReplyDelete