Saturday, November 5, 2011

Game Day - Homecoming!

There's a big game today here in Fayetteville, Arkansas! Our 8th ranked Razorbacks take on the 10th ranked Gamecocks from South Carolina. To top off this top 10 match up, it's Homecoming! Sara Kate says Go Hogs!! (She's teething right now and won't hardly keep her hands out of her mouth. Oh well, still a cute picture, if I do say so myself!).
How cute is her little outfit?!? I bought it at the fall Rhea Lana sale in Rogers late this summer, but it looks simple enough that I'm sure my super talented mother-in-law could figure out how to make these little peasant type dresses. Living in Hog country, a girl can never have too many Razorback items in her closet!! :-)
The game is at 6:15 tonight, and unfortunately it's at the same time as the big Alabama/LSU game. ARGHHH!!! I was really hoping to watch that one. Oh well. Chris can't go today because he has to work at the high school All Region choir work shop, but my friend Peter and I are going. We're heading over to tail gate this afternoon, and I'm dropping Sara Kate off with her Meme and Poppa. I think the plan is to eat yummy chili on this nice cool fall day!! I made these mini red velvet cupcakes for the occasion. I am certainly NOT artistic but I attempted to be by putting the frosting into a ziploc bag and snipping the corner to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. They aren't really pretty but not bad for my first try. Maybe not pretty but certainly edible!! :-)
I WISH I was artistic and could come up with something like this!! How adorable are these Razorback chocolate covered strawberries?!? I had them at an office complex chili cook off last week. They were adorable and delicious!
Anyway, hope everyone has a great Saturday! Go Hogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment