Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tis the Season!

At the moment, I have the song 'Christmas Time is Here' from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' running through my head....

"Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer

Fun for all that children call

Their favorite time of the year
"

And it's taken me a while this year, but I am finally in the Christmas spirit! It's cold outside and has been all week, our local Christian radio station is finally playing Christmas music 24/7, and we've braved the crowds a little at a time, but our shopping is all done.
So here's a little tour of Christmas at the Michaels house!
Since Sara Kate isn't mobile, we weren't going to redecorate our tree until next year (like switching from glass to plastic ornaments, etc.), but I got a wild hair and decided to redecorate this year. I am thrilled with the result, and I love the look of our tree this year. We went with gold and red and used only a few special ornaments, plus all the silver bells I have accumulated over the years. I think Chris was a little unsure of my 'vision' when we were searching for ribbon and ornaments, but he said he's really happy with the way it turned out.
A few of my favorite ornaments...
This one was my grandfather's and as the only other Hog fan in the family, I got it when he passed away.
My grandmother started giving me a silver bell every year for Christmas. Since she passed away, my mom has carried on the tradition (my grandmother did the same for my mom). So I have 29 at the moment, but I can expect one every year!
Here's my latest favorite ornament. I got this at the craft fair a couple weeks ago, and it's heavy duty ceramic (I think), it's pink and green on the back, and it has a beautiful hook. I am going to get a girl from church (with really great hand writing) to write 'Sara Kate, 2010' on the back.
Our nativity. All the ladies in my family have the same one, and my grandmother gave this to us as a wedding gift.
Coffee table centerpiece created from left over ornaments.
And finally, the stockings are hung by the chimney with care...
I love the way Sara Kate's stocking turned out. I searched and searched for the perfect stocking before finally checking Etsy and ordering a customized stocking from a store there. Did I put too much thought into it? Probably, but I'm anal like that. :-) Anyway, I really love it and will look forward to pulling it out every year.

We did a little holiday baking this week, too. Chris made his favorite cookies (cheesecake cookies) to take to school, and I made fudge, white chocolate pretzels, and rice krispie treats to take to Sara Kate's teachers at her school.
How cute is this tin?!? I got it at Hobby Lobby and saw on someone else's blog they had a little tray with the same design. I went back looking for it today and they were sold out. Oh well.
The goodies were a hit with Sara Kate's teachers, which was good. I mean really, what's not to like?!? Ha! Finally, I would be in trouble with some relatives without a couple more pics of my adorable child!

No comments:

Post a Comment