Monday, May 24, 2010

6 Weeks...a few days late

Sara Kate is 6 weeks old! Actually, now she's 6 and 1/2 weeks old, but who's counting?? :-) It seems I haven't updated lately on what she's been up to so I'll try to do that now. She has changed so much lately. She's still in newborn clothes, although I keep trying 0-3 month clothes but they're still too big. She's still wearing newborn diapers, too, but we're on the last few of those and we have 1's out ready to go! In the last week she has really discovered her hands, and she's smiling so much more...I love that!! She smiles and Chris and I, and she also smiles alot at her best friend, the ceiling fan. That's right, she LOVES the ceiling fan!! She'll just look at it, and make faces and smile at it. It's actually pretty cute. She's gotten better at self-soothing, too. We can use the pacifier more now to help her stay content longer, which is nice. We're doing play time on her play mat every day, which she likes most of the time...she really likes to look at herself at the mirror on the play mat! Nights are getting a little better. Within the last week, she's moved from getting up two times a night to getting up once, between 2:30 and 3:30. After that, she'll stay down for a bit but then wants to be held and will sleep for a couple more hours on my chest. Speaking of night time, Friday night I moved her from our room to her crib! She is sleeping in her crib from the time I put her down until she wakes up to eat in the middle of the night. Then I'll put her back in our room for the remainder of the night since she doesn't stay down long. That was a big step! I wasn't too worried about it...my worry is the stupid cat jumping in the crib and smothering her. Anyone want a cute little white cat?? :-) What else...she doesn't nap very well during the day; she just kind of cat naps, which is sometimes annoying! She and I have started making little afternoon trips...we've been to the post office, FedEx, Target, the park, lunch with a friend, up to the university to visit my grad professor and the office ladies, and I am going to try to take her up to Bentonville this week to the office so they can meet her and hopefully to see her great-grandparents. Now that she's taking a bottle, as long as I have milk it's definitely easier to make these little trips! I have less than 2 weeks left of my maternity leave and that kind of makes me sad. It just hit me last Thursday, when she turned 6 weeks old. I love just looking at her and making faces at her and seeing her smile at me. She'll be in great hands with my mom, and then with Chris, but I feel like I'm going to miss so much! I'm sure all mothers feel this way and I'm glad she still has 2 months before she starts daycare. I expect lots of pictures sent to me during the day! :-) Speaking of pictures, let me post some of what we've been up to!

Sucking on our hand!
Church! Here's a shout out to Cousin Hannah! Sara Kate was wearing Hannah's 1st Easter dress in this picture. She looked super cute!
Snuggling with mommy!
Snuggling with daddy! I love this picture!! She's so cute with the little bow on her head!
Trying on her big flower headband!
And just hanging out!
Finally, here are some pictures of that beautiful smile that melts my heart!
(She was grinning and making faces at the fan in the last picture. It's blurry b/c I took it with my phone...didn't want to disturb her by grabbing the big camera. Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment