Sunday, February 21, 2010

31 Weeks

We're down to single digits now, and we've had several baby related things going on lately. I finally ordered the bedding last week, and it's in! Yay!! It's so stinkin' cute! I seriously don't think we could have picked a better paint color. Everything is matching so perfectly. Here's a little sneak peak. We don't have a mattress yet so the bumper is just kind of sitting in there, but you get the idea.
I also have a little project to work on, and here's a little sneak peak of that!
I realized the other day I've posted quite a bit lately about the baby but I haven't written much about how I'm doing. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. If I'm on my feet too much, I definitely feel it in my back. I've been bothered by my sciatic nerve in the past, but by the end of some days it certainly is shooting a pain down my leg/side...not sure if that's b/c of the way Sara Kate is laying or just because I've been on my feet too much. Speaking of being on my feet, work sucks these days!! Soil sampling while 30 weeks pregnant is not fun! I'm super busy right now plus I'm trying to cram most of my sampling in before I hit the 36 week mark. So on top of being on my feet alot and my back hurting by the end of the day, I'm also exhausted by the time I get home. Fortunately, sleep is still awesome right now! Chris bought me a body pillow a couple weeks ago, so that combined with the fact that we kicked the dogs out of our room, makes me sleep like a baby! I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Ha! As far as cravings go, I'm still LOVING Goldfish crackers...we went to Sam's yesterday and bought a big box. Yum! I also still really like oranges, but I'm not eating them as often because I don't want to peel one while I'm out in the field with dirty hands. Oh, I really like Special K Blueberry cereal, too. I take it to work with me every morning for breakfast. Now for other people's opinions of how I look - in the last week, I've had 4 people tell me I'm carrying really low. I find it interesting that it has come up more than once. Also, people are still telling me I'm not very big. As far as that goes, I guess everyone is different! Speaking of big (haha!), here's my 31 week belly picture.
And this week, she's still the size of a squash!
Baby's now the size of a squash!

Baby's going through major brain and nerve development these days. Her irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order. (She won't pick up anything from her nose until after birth, though -- smell is transferred through air, not amniotic fluid.)

Finally, we're in the midst of taking out childbirth classes...or as Chris calls them, his 'baby-daddy' classes. We decided to do 2 Saturday's instead of 1 night a week for 4 weeks. Our first class was yesterday and we finish up next Saturday. We found it really informative! We talked about labor signs, active labor, options for drugs, delivery, relaxation breathing, took a hospital tour, and some other stuff I'm just not thinking of right now. Next week is more about what happens after the baby comes...how to change diapers, how to give a bath, how to deal with the umbilical cord, how to swaddle, etc. Chris (and I imagine most of the other dads) is looking forward to next class. There are 5 couples in our class...3 couples having boys, and 2 couples having girls. Chris and I found that interesting because we know a bunch of people having girls right now, but we don't know anyone having boys. All the couples from our class that are having boys say they don't know anyone having girls! Ha! Guess it's all in who ya know!

No comments:

Post a Comment