Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sara Kate's Princess Party

Yesterday we celebrated Sara Kate's 4th birthday with a precious little princess party.  We had lots of sweet friends and our families.  How did I arrive at the princess party theme?  Back in the fall Sara Kate got the princess obsession that I'd say all little girls get.  Then in January she started telling random people, like the eye doctor, that she was having a princess party for her birthday.  Well ok then!!  We'll have a princess party!  But where??  I tossed around several ideas in my head and finally decided to copy my friend Elizabeth, who threw her daughter an adorable princess party last summer at a local bakery...Briar Rose Bakery in Farmington, AR.  This place has the best little 'cottage' feel, perfect for little princesses. 
 And how cute is this?!  There is even a little door for little girls and boys!
I searched Etsy for the perfect simple princess invitation, and I found it at this shop.  The owners were amazing to work with.  They were very quick getting back with me when I ordered, and they were so accommodating in making edits.  I highly recommend them.
Pardon the smudge at the bottom...I edited out my phone number for the blog. :-)
The last couple of weeks I've been talking to Sara Kate about her party, asking her what princess she wanted to be.  She's given me a different answer each time, but in the last week she said Cinderella every time.  It's a good thing because Cinderella is what we have!  Chris and I left early to go to Farmington to set up and Chris' mom came over and she and my mom got Sara Kate ready and brought her to the party.
She was BEYOND excited when they got there!!
Her friends started showing up and it was so so so adorable seeing them all dressed up!!
We had the kids sit at the tables and decorate little crowns.  We bought crowns, foam stickers, and stick on jewels from Amazon, along with markers that write on foam from Hobby Lobby.  While they decorated crowns, they enjoyed fresh fruit cups and lemonade.
 
 
 
 
 
 
At the same time, Chris had a photo booth set up with props, but as you can tell from some of the pictures above, it turned into a big game of dress up!  Not exactly what we had in mind, but they are 3 and 4 years old so we just had to monitor and adjust! They all shared the wings, boas, necklaces, crowns, etc. very well, and Chris did manage to get some really silly, cute little pictures.
I LOVE the next 2 pictures.  School besties and church besties.  Silly and sweet.  Totally frame worthy!
 
 And for your viewing pleasure, mommy and daddy got in on the photo booth fun, ha!! :-)
 
I found a little game similar to 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey,' except it was 'Pin the Lips on the Frog.'  I found it on princess party games link on the internet that linked it to eBay, but then Chris found it on Amazon.  It was cute, went with the theme, and passed some time.
To finish out the party, we took the kids into the main bakery area and they decorated crown cookies.  We didn't do cupcakes since they were decorating cookies and I think that worked out just fine.
 
 
Since we didn't do cupcakes, Chris took an extra cookie, piled it with frosting, and put candles in it so they kids could sing to Sara Kate and she could blow out candles.  I love that beaming smile!
 
Sara Kate was very thankful to everyone who came to her party, and I hope everyone had a good time.  We had pink princess goody bags for the girls and red Cars goody bags for the boys.  I don't have a pictures but everything came from Wal-Mart.
It was an easy party for me to put together.  All I did was reserve the room, bring the crown decorating stuff, the game, and we brought the photo booth/dress up stuff.  The wonderful staff at the bakery took care of the rest.  And as you can see from pictures, I didn't decorate, as I thought the decor at the bakery spoke for itself.  All in all, I think Sara Kate's princess party turned out great and I highly recommend Briar Rose.  It was amazing for me see the joy in her eyes and to see her interact with all her precious friends.  Can't believe my baby is turning 4!!!!
 
 We love you, our pretty princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment