Monday, April 14, 2014

Mommy & Sara Kate Weekend

Sara Kate and I had a busy but fun weekend!  For the most part it was just the 2 of us, as Chris was in Dallas for a school event.
 
It was a beautiful spring weekend so we spent ALOT of time outside. 
I was so happy to see this beautiful, smiling face after school on Friday.
Her teacher fixed her hair in a top knot and it was freaking adorable!!!
I had a fun evening planned for us.  It was gorgeous and warm so we headed to the park for a picnic and play time.  The park was packed and there were no picnic tables available so we found a rock to sit on.  As Sara Kate stood by this rail eating her chicken, she watched kids flying kites, dogs chasing balls, and people running by, and I couldn't help but think how big she looks!
After she ate all her food we took some things back to the car and headed to play.  The park/playground might just be her favorite place ever.  Her face fills with joy when you mention that park.  She loves to run around, slide on all the fun slides, and swing.  She had a great time.
I kinda love this picture...such a happy smile and crazy static hair!!
 
 Me and my Type A personality hate the sandbox but she loves it.  I was sitting beside her, as she dug her feet in the sand, and I looked up and she was doing this...yep, pouring sand into her hair.  Ughhh!!
She was one happy, tired, DIRTY girl when we left!!  We came home, had baths, calm time, and bedtime.

Saturday morning came bright at early.  6:00...good morning mommy!  Ughh!  She watched the iPad, painted, and played Play-Doh before we had to head to gymnastics.  Meme was kind enough to take her because I had to be at the church for a rehearsal at the same time.  Meme was also kind enough to fix her hair.  Sara Kate loves having her hair in braids, which I suck at, and Meme did 2 french braids, which I can't do at all...so adorable!  And she was so proud of it!
I picked her up from gymnastics and we went back to church for our church's annual Easter egg hunt!!  I had one excited little girl!  She got to run around with her friends, sing songs with our preacher, have lunch, and head outside to hunt for eggs!
On your mark...get set...GO!!
 
 
 All done!
After the Easter egg hunt, we made a quick run to Old Navy before heading home for nap time.  We had to get a quick nap in before going to our sweet friend Landry's 3rd birthday party!!  It was at the park, and Sara Kate was so excited to go back.  She had a great time at the party and we were so happy to celebrate this sweet girl's birthday!  Happy birthday Landry!!
We made a quick stop by the grocery store before heading home for bath and bedtime.  Another fun, tiring, and dirty night!

Sunday morning we headed to church to celebrate Palm Sunday.  We were happy to have daddy back home, and we enjoyed a beautiful church service.  Since it was Palm Sunday, the kids brought in the palm fronds.  This was Sara Kate's first time and she was so excited! 
 "Mommy!  Look at my palm branch!"
After church she showed me a picture that she drew and we had a conversation that went like this.  
Mommy: What did you draw?
Sara Kate: A donkey.
Mommy: Who rode in on a donkey?
Sara Kate: Baby Jesus (we laughed...everything is 'baby Jesus.').
Mommy: What were the people waving when Jesus rode in on the donkey?
Sara Kate: Leaves.
Mommy:  What did the people say?
Sara Kate: (throws her hands in the air) Hosanna!

I love that she picked all that up at Sunday school!

We had lunch, we ALL had naps, and we played some more...inside and outside.
And right after that happy smile we had major tears, as Sara Kate fell out of her swing for the first time while I was pushing her.  She was fine, but it scared her and scared me.  As I held her close and while she cried big crocodile tears, she looked at me and says, "Mommy, why didn't you catch me?"  Oh, dagger in my heart!  I tried to catch her, but as usual, it all happened so fast.

We had a fun weekend, and I had a great time with Sara Kate.  She's my constant shadow, which can be exhausting (Shower?  There she is.  Bathroom? There she is.  Throw something in the recycling?  There she is.  Etc.), but she's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment