Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Funny Valentine

Well, Valentine's day has come and gone!  I'll be honest and say it's not my thing.  AT ALL.  But I did make (or attempted to make) cute little Valentine's for Sara Kate's classmates, I did buy cute little heart plates and napkins for her school party, I did dress my child in pink and/or hearts all week long, and I did buy her an adorable little Valentine's gift that she just so happens to love.  So this week was all for her, my funny little Valentine!
When I was trying to decide what to do for Sara Kate's valentine's, I thought about what I've done the past 2 years, which is make cookies, put them in cute little bag, and tie them up with ribbon and a cute little printed valentine.  I decided I didn't want to do that this year.  So to Google I went and of course, Google didn't fail me.  I found an adorable little idea that involved pencils and an adorable free printable.  
I had card stock so I just had to buy pencils, erasers, and ribbon, thank you Hobby Lobby!  The finished product looked no where near as adorable as the ones on website, but that's what happens when a non-crafty person tries to be crafty!  Ha!  I guess they turned out ok, and Sara Kate's teacher thought they were adorable and perfect for their age.  So I suppose it was a success!  I want to be sure to give the creator of the idea credit so here's the link to her website.
Supposed to look like an arrow through a heart...see it?  Chris didn't until I told him, ha!
 
As for the adorable gift that my child just so happens to love, here it is.  Sara Kate is princess obsessed right now and is equally obsessed with her 'hair being long like Tangled.'  Poor kid.  Ha!!  But she loves to brush her hair and for me to dry her hair with my hair dryer so this little bag-o-fun was perfect.
She was super excited when we got home and had a present waiting!
And she played with it all night long.  Chris and I got our 'hair fixed' all night.  Daddy was a good sport, ha!
And as I suspected, my funny valentine and her little gift joined me in the bathroom this morning while I was getting ready and she got to do everything I did.  And she loved it.  She's my little girlie girl.
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day.  And peace out to that silly little 'holiday' until next year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment