Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Painting

Saturday Chris had to work all day so it was a Sara Kate and mommy day.  She had gymnastics from 9-10 and then I started thinking about what we could do.  It was too cool to play outside so I decided on inside play.  I also decided we would do a fun project, something I knew she would enjoy.  We were going to paint pumpkins!  After some play time at Chick-Fil-A, we made a stop by Wal-Mart for our supplies, where Sara Kate picked out her own pumpkin and her own paint.  Of course she picked pink and purple.  We headed home, spent some time reading before nap time, and after she woke up from a GREAT nap I got everything ready.  She was so excited!
 
  She immediately went to work.
To be honest, I really didn't want to do this project inside but the weather and time of day kind of lent itself to it being an inside project.  For the most part she did very well listening, as far as keeping the paint on the pumpkin only.  And I was surprised that she used a paint brush!  The last paint project I did with her over the summer turned into a finger-painting-naked-child-running-through-the-yard nightmare!  Ha!
Looking good!
As I expected, some finger painting ensued, and eventually things started getting a little out of hand when she started painting her arm.  My Type A self quickly closed things down after that. :-)
Here's Sara Kate's finished pumpkin, before it was dry.
And here is her pumpkin and my pumpkin once they were dry.  Yep, my non-artistic self painted one too!
What will we do with these now??  I have no idea but we have some lovely little decorations on our table and Sara Kate loves looking at her pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment