Sunday, May 5, 2013

Minnie Mouse Birthday Party

It's been a month now but I'm finally getting around to writing about Sara Kate's 3rd birthday party!!  In the months before her party, I threw around a couple of different ideas about what I wanted to do, but in the end I ended going back to a party at the park.  Fayetteville has awesome parks and you can reserve pavilions at different places online.  We had her 2nd birthday at Gulley Park and it was perfect for kids her age.  This year was no different.  She loves being outside, she loves the playground, so this was beyond perfect for her.  She got big into watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at the beginning of the year so I decided to her party in a Minnie Mouse theme, with lots of pink, of course!  I ordered her invitations from this Etsy site, and she was so fast and easy to work with.  She emailed me the file and I printed them at home.  They turned out perfect!
One of my college sorority sisters has a Facebook business called Sew What's Going On (check her out!!), and I had Jennifer make Sara Kate's outfit.  We never got a full picture of her in it but it was exactly what I asked for and I loved the way it turned out!
Thanks to Pinterest, I ended up with some DIY projects (that I hope to do a separate post on).  My mom, brother, sister in law, and I made centerpieces (I saw a picture of something similar to this and ran with it)...
And a friend of my mom's helped out but cutting Minnie ears out of fondant and we put them on the cupcakes (I also saw a picture of something similar to this).
The only other decorations I had were pink plastic table cloths, and I used pink napkins and black and white polka dot plates that I got at Hobby Lobby.

Instead of having her party in the morning (which is what I originally wanted), we ended up having it in the evening (5:30 pm) because I waited a week too long to reserve the pavilion.  Oops.  But having an evening party ended up great!!  I had all day to get ready, we fed the kids dinner, they got to play until dark, and basically then it was bedtime and they were worn out!  So I would definitely recommend an evening party!  We served pizza, made fruit skewers, had bags of Goldfish crackers and Veggie Straws, juice boxes for the kids, cokes or water for parents, and cupcakes.
The kids had a blast playing...
 
And then we brought them all over to eat.
 
 Sara Kate could hardly wait to dive into her presents so she opened those next.
Then it was time for cupcakes!!  I'll show another picture of the cupcakes because I was so pleased at the way they turned out! :-)
Sara Kate got the most embarrassed look on her face when everyone was singing to her and I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to blow out her candle.  She blows up instead of out, but we had been practicing blowing out and she got it!
 
 
The kids played some more before it was time to say goodbye.  We gave big hugs and thanked everyone so much for coming.  I love these little images Chris captured of Sara Kate hugging some of her friends.  I just love seeing little friendships.
 
We sent our guests home with little favors bags with a Minnie Mouse cookie, made by our favorite Rick's Bakery.
Overall I think Sara Kate had a great party.  We are so thankful all our family was there and so many of her little friends came out to celebrate with us.  I was so happy with the way everything turned out, plus we had a gorgeous day weather wise.  And a month later, Sara Kate is still talking about her party at the park with her friends and she got presents and she ate pink cupcakes.  I think it was a hit! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment