Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Monday & a Recipe

I know that the words 'Happy Monday' are an oxymoron.  But for a Monday, outside of being extremely cold, today was actually alright.  We had a nice relaxing weekend, spent doing nothing but alot of playing.  Therefore, we had lots of down time to rest, which is part of make today ok!  I'll share a couple pictures from Friday, when it was a lovely 60 degrees, and before a cold front blasted through and brought some sleet and freezing rain and dropped our temperatures way down.  We spent some time at the park, which Sara Kate loves outside, so she was a happy camper.
Then like I said, our weather tanked and we spent the rest of the weekend indoors, doing lots of playing.  Sara Kate found her new Play-Doh back pack that was supposed to be for her birthday (maybe) and she LOVED it.  We played lots of Play-Doh!
 But to make this Monday happier, I thought I'd share a recipe which I haven't done in a while.  I saw a recipe for some peanut butter balls that kind of made me want to experiment, which I don't do!!  I am a recipe follower, but I decided to go out on a limb and I ended up with a yummy little concoction.  So here's my take on some super easy peanut butter balls!

Easy Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
1 pkg Nutter Butters
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese
a splash of milk
a spoon full (or more or less) of peanut butter
1 bag of milk chocolate chips for dipping balls

Crush the Nutter Butter cookies.
Add in a block of softened cream cheese and mix together.
This mixture is kind of gritty and dry so add a splash of milk and a spoon full or 2 of peanut butter to make it creamy and add a little more of a peanut butter flavor.  I didn't have much peanut butter so I just kind of scrapped my container.  So I have no idea exactly how much I added.
Roll dough into balls and refrigerate.
Melt the milk chocolate chips and dip balls into the chocolate.
Refrigerate and you have little bite size balls of yummy-ness!  Enjoy!

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment