Sunday, January 27, 2013

Catch Up

Hey, friends!  Sorry for the inadvertent blog break.  The past 2 weeks have flown by and I almost can't even remember what's been going on.  My work is super busy right now and I'm swamped so I'm pretty exhausted in the evenings, which leads to the desire to lay around and do nothing.   Despite the busyness, last weekend was a long weekend and we decided to head south to visit my mom and dad.  They were thrilled to see Sara Kate and have her visit and Sara Kate was thrilled to 'go to Ghee's house and play with the ponies.'  She still remembers going down there last time (which was back in October) and playing with my old My Little Ponies.  I was a little less thrilled because a weekend away from home means bad sleeping.  Sara Kate and I slept in my brothers room and Chris slept in my room, but we made it work and it's worth it for special grandparent time.
 
 For those who don't know, I'm from a small town (El Dorado) and there is actually NOTHING to do there.  Our trips away from the house included the grocery store, church, and the park...super exciting right?!?  Haha!  We spent alot of time playing and visiting with some family that came by for dinner one night.
One thing I was excited to do was to visit with one of my oldest and sweetest friends, Sheila.  We went to 'competing' middle schools but became very good friends in high school.  We met her and her daughter at the park for some play time since the weather was beautiful.  Sara Kate had been wanting to go outside so it worked out perfectly.
 After our weekend away, we got back into the grove of a normal busy work week and school. 
The one unfortunate thing that happened this week was I got hit Tuesday evening after I picked up Sara Kate.  It was a 4 car accident because someone ran a red light, slammed into a mini van, pushed the mini van into the truck in front of me, and then into me.  Since I was the last car hit, I received the least amount of damage, but it still sucks because I found out this week that the person who caused the accident didn't have insurance.  Lovely.  But our car is still drivable and no one was injured.  So thank goodness for that.

Friday night I went out with some friends for a little fun.  I stayed out way too late and had to get up way too early Saturday morning but it was fun hanging with the girls.  These girls have actually been or currently are interns in our office but they've turned into good friends and I'm thankful for that!
This weekend also brought celebrating some birthday's!  Sara Kate had a birthday party to go to for one of her friends from school, Wave.  It was at Chick-Fil-A and she had a blast playing.  It's cute seeing her interact with her friends from school.  And I decided that's a great place for a birthday party!  The one not so great thing about the party was the Chick-Fil-A cow.  Sara Kate FREAKED OUT!!!!  I mean seriously freaked out!!  She doesn't like big costumed animals (like the Razorback mascot and obviously the cow) but I thought she might be ok with it seeing her friends going up to say hi.  Nope, she didn't even want to go to the table to get a cupcake because the cow was taking pictures with kids nearby.  I finally coerced her to sit at the very end of the corner of a table.  Haha.  But she had a great time at the party. And thank goodness this child finally got a cupcake because for some reason she has been talking about cupcakes for 2 weeks!!
  
Chris' mom's birthday was this past week and his grandpa's birthday is this coming week so more birthday celebration took place yesterday.  We had lunch and the cousins had lots of time to play, which is always a fun time.
 
 
So there's a little bit of what's been going on with us. This week will bring more of the same I'm sure...more weird weather (cold, warm, cold warm...Arkansas weather is SO annoying!), maybe some rain (fingers crossed but I have a ton of field work to do so it could suck for me), more busy work days, and lots more play time with Sara Kate.  Hope ya'll had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment