Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Weekend

We've had a busy weekend of nothing-ness for me and Sara Kate, while Chris has been working pretty much all weekend.  Friday night, he went to play music and Sara Kate and I stayed home and played.  After she went to bed and Chris got home, I headed out for a night on the town.  Pat Green is one of my FAVORITES and he was playing at George's!!  A friend in grad school took me to my first concert and I've been hooked ever since.  I think I've only missed one show since then (he comes once, maybe twice a year), and it was right after Sara Kate was born.  Since Chris had to get up really early and work all day Saturday, I went with my friend Julie and we had a blast!!  We got the closest to the stage I've ever been and we even found a couple of his guitar pic's on the floor after the show!  Awesome (I know, I'm a big dork)!!  Now my guitar playin' husband can play some Pat Green music (which he does) with one of Pat Green's pic's! :-)
 
After a late night out for me, I was very thankful that Sara Kate slept in until 8:30.  We had lots of fun on Saturday, though.  We played puzzles...
And we read books...
We went and met some sweet friends at the playground for a picnic and some play time...
 Love these girls and Landry's sweet mama!  Sara Kate was telling Landry all about it!
After the playground Sara Kate crashed on me, which I love the snuggle time, but when I went to move her to her bed she woke up.  Hello 30-minute nap on a day when this mama could have REALLY used a nap too!
After the short nap, she had a snack while she watched Elmo while I watched some football...
Then we went outside for more play!  We've had some beautiful weather here lately!
Sara Kate is so funny when I turn the camera around to snap pics.  She was smile for a SPLIT second and then say 'ok, I see.'  And 95 percent of the time, I don't snap the pic in the split second she's smiling! :-)
We played chalk for a while, where she wanted me to keep drawing whales (weird request, and no pictures of my awesome whale drawings that now line the driveway, haha!), and then she wanted to take a walk.  She knew exactly what she had in mind when she said that, too!  She walked us straight down to our neighborhood park!  So we played...
 
And walked some more...
We finally started walking home as it was starting to get dark, and we got home just before Chris did.  We ate dinner, had bath time, Sara Kate crashed, and then I crashed!!

Today we had church...
Hello size 12-month pumpkin dress from last year that still fits...yay!  And she looks like she's been crying because she had been...she fought everything I got out of the closet for her to wear and I finally convinced her to wear brown pumpkins because mama was wearing brown too.  Thankfully she bought that because we had to go!
 We came home, had lunch, and read books...
 Had snuggle time...
All before nap time (which she is in her bed for today, haha!).
Chris has had photo shoots all day so we're going to attempt family pictures again when he gets done after she wakes up.  We'll see how this round goes and hopefully I'll have some good stuff to share! :-)

Hope ya'll enjoyed a glimpse into our weekend, and I hope ya'll had a good weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment