Tuesday, October 9, 2012

El Do Weekend & Prayers

This past weekend Sara Kate and I traveled to El Dorado to visit my family and to celebrate my mom and dad's birthdays.  Mom's was October 3 and dad's is today!  Happy birthday dad!

We left in a serious torrential down pour.  Driving down 540 was so scary but I finally ran out of the rain around Clarksville.  We stopped in Conway for a picnic at a park so Sara Kate could stretch her legs and run around.  She loved sliding and running from play set to play set, but I think her favorite part was watching the squirrels.  She just laughed and smiled and would say 'Where they go?  Up the tree!'  She did great on the trip.
 
 
We got to El Dorado about 3 and my aunt and uncle from Alabama got there around 6.  We spent the evening playing with my old My Little Ponies, which were BIG fun!!!
We also had cake, which is huge hit with a certain 2 year old.  At dinner she said, 'Ka Kate eats pizza then Ka Kate gets cake!'  And she was not disappointed!  Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville makes the most beautiful and delicious cakes!!
 
Saturday morning came early, as my dad and I ran in a 5k that was going on in town for the annual Musicfest.  I started training this summer when it was 100 degrees (I know, I'm an idiot) and I'm a week away from finishing the C25K app.  I ran the race in 36 minutes, which isn't great but it's something to work from.  Dad finished in 31 minutes.  We went home and watched the Razorback game (finally a win and something for us to *smile* about!!) before heading to the Arboretum for a walk and to take pictures.  It was all decorated for fall and it was just so pretty with all the pumpkins everywhere.  This time last year we were in El Dorado also and we went to the Arboretum.  
2011...
2012...my how she's changed!!
 LOVE this picture!!!
 
 
Saturday night I got to visit with one of my childhood friends from up the street.  It was wonderful to catch up and to let our girls play.  It's kind of surreal that we used to play at each others houses and our daughters were sitting there playing withe same My Little Ponies we played with.  Sara Kate had a great time with Amelia, who is about 7 months older. 
 
The rest of the evening was spent playing, of course!  Somebody did NOT want to go to sleep but when she finally did I woke up with an upset stomach.  Made for a long night for this mama!
My aunt and uncle left Sunday morning and we played some more before we hit the road after lunch.
She's saying, 'I did it' because is learning how to use the slinky.
Unfortunately, Sunday morning I read some terribly tragic news about the passing of a former local news anchor, who was our age.  The saddest part is he leaves behind his wife and 10 month old daughter.  This just makes my heart ache.  I don't know Julee but I know several people that do, and I've followed her blog for a couple of years now.  The blogging world really lets you get an intimate glimpse into other peoples lives, as you live their stories with them.  The Northwest Arkansas community has really rallied around the Turner family, even though they left this summer for Matt to go work in Little Rock.  Please pray for Julee, baby Preslee, and Matt's family as they grieve his untimely death.  His funeral is tomorrow, and they all definitely need to be covered in prayer.

So that was our trip in an nutshell!!  Mom and dad, thanks for letting us come visit.  And just so ya know, Sara Kate is still talking about going to 'Ghee and Poppa's house!'
(no picture with Ghee and Poppa because she didn't want to take a picture with them both before we left!)

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big! I remember her at the pumpkin patch last year! WOW where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete