Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

UPDATE!  Got a couple pictures of Chris and Sara Kate this afternoon that I wanted to go ahead and share.  Love these 2!!!
I love the way he's looking at her in this picture!  Melts my heart!
 Happy Fathers Day to my wonderful hubby, my dad, my father in law, Chris' grandpa, and our brother in law, Jason.  All these men are wonderful dads and we are so blessed to have them all in our lives.  To my wonderful hubby, thank you so much for being such a wonderful daddy to Sara Kate.  She's crazy about you, and I couldn't have asked for a better partner in this crazy journey we call life and parenthood.

We've had a busy day at church so this is the only picture I've had a chance to take today.  Sara Kate was more than happy to go 'cheese with daddy.'
And just because I love them both so much and the pictures are cute, here are a couple more from recently.
 
Since I threw one up here of me and my mom on Mothers Day, here's me and my dad back in the day.  Love you dad and thanks for always being there for me!  Miss you!
I teach kids church during our traditional worship service every 3rd Sunday, and while looking for my lesson for today I came across this Fathers Day poem.  I think the words are beautiful so I thought I'd share it.

 What Makes a Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad.
 - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment