Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2 Month Appointment

*Update - Sara Kate did pretty good after her shots. When I was ending this post last night, I wrote that she was starting to get fussy. She started crying pretty hard and that went on for an hour or so. We gave her some Tylenol and I eventually rocked her to sleep. I woke her up about 9:15 to get ready for bed and to eat and she nursed for about 15 minutes and fell asleep for good. She woke up at 4:00 to eat (normal schedule...yay!), and then she went back to sleep for another 2.5-3 hours. When she woke up for the day, she just seems to be her happy little self! Chris even said she laughed...I haven't even heard her laugh yet!! He thought she was getting sick and he looked over at her and said she was grinning from ear to ear. Aww! Guess she's doing alright!

Today Sara Kate had her 2 month appointment with the pediatrician. We were really interested in finding out how much she weighs, and I was curious to find out how long she is. Here are her 2 month stats:
Weight: 11 lb., 6 oz. (65th percentile)
Height: 22.6 inches (60th percentile)
Head Circumference: 15.04 inches (35th percentile)
The doctor checked her development, too. He made her make eye contact with him, made her smile, tried to make her coo (all she was interested in at this point was showing him her tongue), and he checked her head control.
Then he checked things like her heart, lungs, ears, and throat. He said she passed the tests with flying colors! He said she looks great and we should do nothing different in the next 2 months. That's good to know! Then it was time for the bad part of the appointment...vaccinations!!!! :-(
Here she is waiting around...poor girl doesn't know what's about to happen!
First, the oral vaccine (I can't remember what that was). She took it like a pro.
Then came the bad part...2 sticks in one leg, and one in the other. After the first 2 shots, she let out a scream like I've never heard and she turned redder than I've ever seen her. I was expecting her to scream, but it still took me by surprise. Tears immediately came to my eyes, too. This is a bad picture, but I took it fast to get out of the nurses way.
The nurse got the shot in her other leg, put her band-aids on, and I grabbed her and held her close. Thankfully, it didn't take long for me to comfort her. We headed home and she fell asleep, for a short little cat nap, of course! :-)
And here are her battle scars.
She just got super fussy and the bottle Chris is trying to give her isn't helping. And her cry isn't a gas cry. We are thinking maybe she is starting to hurt a little. :-( My poor baby. Hopefully this isn't a long night! I better get in there and help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment