Sunday, December 20, 2009

22 weeks

I am seriously a slacker. I had great intentions last week of posting and never did. Holiday craziness can be to blame. :-) In the last 2 weeks, I think I've gone through a little growth spurt....or it could just be all the good food and holiday goodies around this time of year. Haha! People at church are now noticing that I'm pregnant. It seems kind of crazy to me that it's just now becoming obvious. I'm not complaining, though. Baby girl also is becoming more active, and I love that I can feel her now. I started feeling her about 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't describe what I've felt as 'butterflies fluttering' (how EVERYONE has described it). To me, it has felt like little bubbles busting or popcorn popping...I know, everyone's different. Another cool thing is that Chris felt her kick for the first time Thursday (Dec. 17) night. He's been asking me for a while when he would get to feel her. Eventually was my response. So back to Dec. 17, after eating 2 chocolate chip cookies (thanks Phillip and Holly) she started kicking. I went to the office and laid down on the floor, told Chris to put his hand on my tummy, and most importantly, to be patient! Sure enough, he felt a few little taps. It seemed to make his night. The same thing happened Friday night, Chris feeling her kick, that is...she likes those Nestle Tollhouse Ultimate Chocolate Chip Lovers cookies...haha!! Here's the belly at 22 weeks. I'm just noticing this shirt kinda looks like ugly color in this pic. It's brown, by the way. :-)
And our fruit of the week is a mango! (By the way, last weeks fruit was a banana.)

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.

And now for a little cuteness...things that have been purchased for baby girl! Yes, I am a goober and took pictures. Surprisingly, I haven't hardly bought anything. I will admit that I've been on the lookout lately for 6-9 month Christmas outfits on sale for next year, but I guess everyone else had the same idea because I have found NO 6-9 month Christmas stuff...no onesies, no pajamas, no cute little Christmas dresses...stores only have 6 month or 1 year stuff. Oh well. I suppose it was a good idea.
My mom bought us a couple things when we were in Little Rock over Thanksgiving...that was before we knew the baby was a girl. The only thing I don't have a picture of is a wash cloth/towel set in green and white zebra print my mom bought us. They're cute! Really, who can resist little animal prints on baby stuff?? :-)

A couple of little gowns in 0-3 months....
Cute little footie-pajamas in 6 months...Jenny, you will like this one...little froggie footie-pajamas... :-)And the one and only thing I've bought for baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment