Thursday, December 3, 2009

20 Weeks!

We're half way there! It's kinda crazy to think half of this pregnancy is over. We had a great day yesterday at the doctor. Got to see the kiddo for the first time...amazing! They had the ultrasound projected up on a big screen on the wall. The tech clicked around like crazy getting all the measurements they needed. Most importantly on my mind, of course besides finding out Baby M is healthy, we found out it's a GIRL!!! I think I'm still in shock about that. I've gone back and forth between boy and girl, but I think subconsciously I really thought it was a boy. Chris beamed...it was cute. We saw her cute little profile, her feet, her heart (which was beating at 142 beats/min), a facial shot that made her look like an alien baby, they took head measurements, looked at her kidneys, bladder, stomach...very cool to see it all. She was moving around like crazy! She even had the hiccups. Guess that 1/2 a Dr. Pepper I drank on the way to the doctor did what it was supposed to do. They also said she was weighing in at 12 oz., which is right where she should be. The doctor said I'm measuring small but that she looks perfectly healthy...and he said she's definitely a girl. He better be right b/c I only get one ultrasound! Haha! We have pictures, but I need to get Chris to scan them at school first. I'll post them soon. Oh, and we also got a DVD of the ultrasound...yay! Our fruit of the week is a cantaloupe!

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium(a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

And now for my lovely belly...it's not the best picture but oh well! We tried to be festive and take it in front of the tree. And I don't think my non-pregnancy shirt is doing me any favors! :-)

Not much else to report...obviously, I've mentioned the big stuff! We are just so thrilled and thankful that baby girl is healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment