Thursday, September 6, 2012

Catch Up - Labor Day Weekend

I wanted to back up a little and do a catch up from our Labor Day weekend.  My parents always come up Labor Day weekend, it's always the first Hogs football game, and it seems like it's always Chris' dad's birthday.  So our weekend is always full of business and fun!  I usually am always trying to snap pictures with my camera, especially with my parents here, but I decided to lay low and just enjoy the moments so most of my weekend pictures were iPhone pics.  My parents and Sara Kate went with us to our tailgate on Saturday before the game, which is always big fun.  Our friends enjoy having Sara Kate which is nice, although it's hard to socialize trying to make sure she's not getting into too much trouble!  But thanks to my parents being there, we had extra eyes watching her!  
I really wanted a sweet little family picture outside at our tailgate but our friend Wade taught Sara Kate a new trick so that sweet little family picture wasn't so sweet.  This is terrible but it is so stinkin' funny.  And Wade was so proud of himself, ha!!
One more try got us a little closer to what I had at my mind, but as you know, a 2 year old is always on the go and will only look at the camera on the rare occasion when THEY want to!
Mom and dad took Sara Kate home and we went on to the game.  I sold our extra tickets to my friend Elizabeth and her husband and it was fun to have sweet friends sitting beside us.  We had a fun Saturday and enjoyed a Razorback win!
Sunday we enjoyed a nice church service before heading to brunch and then home for naps (which we all took!) and play.
Chris' sister and her family came into town Sunday so we had some fun family time celebrating Bob's birthday, which included dinner at Red Lobster (all you can eat shrimp in September, sweet!!), cousin play time, and an awesome firework show (we've been in a burn ban since June which meant no fireworks on the 4th of July so our area allowed fireworks Labor Day weekend)!
(Firework photos are compliments of Chris...my firework pictures suck...maybe I'll share them sometime, ha!!!!)
 
My parents left on Monday morning, and we are always sad to see them go, especially Sara Kate.  She loves her Ghee and Poppa!
We spent the rest of the day hanging with Chris' family, since Bob's actual birthday was Monday.  Sara Kate loved spending time with her Papa and even enjoyed a special treat at dinner (and a first!), compliments of Papa!
 
So that's a look at our weekend.  We enjoyed spending time with our families, even though it was a busy time.  So glad this is a short work week and tomorrow is Friday, yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment