Thursday, April 29, 2010

3 Weeks Old

Sara Kate is 3 weeks old today, and I'll be honest and say that it's been a rough day! It started by her wanting to be up at 1:30 am, 3:30 am, 5:00 am, and up for good at 7:00 am (every other day this week she has gotten up to eat at 1:30 am and 4:30 am). Yes, she wanted to eat at those times but mainly she wanted to be held...she wouldn't eat long and then she would fall asleep. She also hasn't wanted to nap at all this afternoon. I read about a 3-week growth spurt...hopefully that is what is going on. But needless to say, mama is tired! She spent a little time with Chris' dad this morning while I had to run to the courthouse and the DMV (thanks again, Bob!!). Yep, I almost let the tags on my truck expire...whoops! Fortunately, the DMV was pretty much empty and I was able to get in and out pretty quick. It was my first time to go out by myself and honestly, it was nice to get out for a bit, even though it was only like an hour (and that seems like it was the one and only hour Sara Kate slept today). At times, I feel like I'm gonna go stir-crazy sitting at the house. But I am enjoying my time with Sara Kate and I just wish Chris could be here with us. Other eventful happenings on her 3-week birthday is that we did some tummy time today! She's pretty good at holding her head up when she's laying on my chest or when I'm holding her on my shoulder, but today I layed a blanket on the floor and put her down on her tummy for a bit. She did pretty good!
This pictures says, ok mom, I'm worn out!
This past week we got her newborn pictures taken. I read that between 2 and 3 weeks was a great time to do newborn pictures because babies are still sleeping alot and they are easy to move around and pose. Not our Sara Kate!! She's such a wiggly worm that she was not easy to pose! Hopefully we'll still end up with some good shots, though.

I'm definitely no photographer, but here are some other snap shots I've taken in the last couple days.

I just noticed that it seems like all these pictures are her on her changing table (which is missing the cover because she peed on it 2 days in a row...nice!). She's pretty content laying up there, which makes it a good place to take her picture!

Chris just got the munchkin to fall asleep so that's means I need to hit the sack, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment