Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Weeks Old!

Sara Kate is 2 weeks old today!!! Not only is today her 2 week birthday but her umbilical cord stump fell off this morning. YAY!!! Currently she is asleep in my lap and I'm actually able to type with 2 hands. We'll see how long that lasts! Ha! The week has gone pretty good with Chris back at school. She and I have been napping together in the mornings after her morning feeding...she doesn't want to go back in her bed and she wants to be held. So I prop up and she lays on my chest. Then once she's up, she gets her diaper changed, she gets a bath, and she gets new clothes on. After that she usually is screaming (from the bath) and so she eats, which calms her down and usually puts her to sleep for the afternoon nap. One day I was able to put her down in her bassinet and I got some things done around the house. But because she likes to be held, a few other days she and I have napped together with her asleep on my chest. When Chris gets home he can't wait to see her. It's very sweet. Night time gets a little iffy. The routine changes depending on how she's doing...she seems to get gas pretty bad in the evenings. I try to feed her and put her down between 9:30 and 10:30 pm. That means she's up to eat around 1:00-1:30 am, and then again between 4:00-5:00 am. This is the schedule most of the time. Wednesday morning after her 1:00 feeding she had pretty bad gas and was up pretty much the rest of the night. That may have been caused by something I ate because I had horrible stomach cramps, too. So that's what we've been up to. I've also been trying to take her out in her stroller at some point during the day, too. She likes that! Tomorrow morning I have to take her to the pediatrician at 11:00 so it'll be interesting to see how it goes with me getting dressed (more so than just jumping in and out of the shower) and dealing with her too. Ahh, the joys of parenthood. :-)

And now for some pictures...I mean, that's what everyone really wants to see, right?? :-) I think I caught a quazi-smile this morning while taking pictures of her. I know she's too young to be smiling for real but she does grin, especially while in a milk-coma!
We've noticed that her eyes are getting bluer. We were eating dinner the other night and she was sitting in my lap and the light was coming in the window just right to really make us notice that her eyes are getting lighter. Since Chris and I are both blue-eyed, I always figured our child would have blue eyes. It's still early, and I guess things could change, but for now it definitely looks like Sara Kate will be have pretty little blue eyes.
Last Saturday Sara Kate got a visit from her Aunt Jenny, Uncle Jason, and cousin Hannah! She got fussy while they were here, but Aunt Jenny got her to take a long nap! It was the first time for Uncle Jason to meet her, too.
Cousin Hannah wasn't super interested. She definitely says it's Kristen's baby, though! She showed a little interest when Paw-paw (I have no idea how they spell it) was holding Sara Kate, but other than that, she was just interested in Sara Kate's vibrating chair (which she took in and out of the living room) and her stroller, which Uncle Chris took her for a spin in. Some day I'm sure they'll be great friends!!
And finally, I'll add one last picture. Chris and I just were cracking up as she was laying this way. Who knows what Sara Kate was dreaming about, but I'll title this picture 'Things that make you go hmmm....'
And for the record, I was able to type out this entire blog with her asleep in my lap. Sweet baby! She's starting to stir a bit now, which is good because it's time for her to eat. Guess that means I gotta wrap this up!!

1 comment: