Monday, November 23, 2009

18 weeks....a little late

Week 18 brought a doctor's visit to get the flu shot, and I got to hear the heartbeat again, which is always a great thing! Chris didn't go with me to this appointment b/c I thought I was just getting the flu shot. While the doctor had the doppler on my tummy, the baby moved! Very cool! Unfortunately, I haven't felt movement, at least not that I am aware of. Hopefully soon. He said anytime between now and 20 weeks I should feel it for the 1st time. Oh, and he did confirm that all my blood work (for Downs, spinal problems, trisomy) came back negative...yay! Now I'm just hoping everything on the ultrasound next week looks good! And our fruit of the week is...
Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

Gross!! And I guess it's not really a fruit, either.
What else...I've got a little more of a bump this week. My pants still fit but they are getting tight, especially by the end of the day. Chris and I made a trip to Rogers yesterday with his parents, and I bought a couple pairs of maternity jeans. Gotta wear those on Turkey Day...need plenty of room for that belly to be able to stretch. Haha!

And just for fun, here's a picture of me, Chris, and Baby M attending the Razorbacks final home football game of the season last Saturday. The stands look pretty empty b/c this was towards the end of the game and we were killing Troy. Hopefully Baby M will like the Hogs just as much as it's parents! If we beat LSU Saturday night that might land us in the Cotton Bowl at JerryWorld...that would be super fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment