Thursday, November 12, 2009

16 & 17 weeks

Nothing new to report on the baby front. I never got a call from the doctors office regarding my blood work from last week so I assume that's a good thing. I go in Monday for my flu shot (assuming they have them now) and then only a couple more weeks until the ultrasound...yay!! Haven't had any noticeable nausea lately. I'm still in my regular clothes, which is good, but I feel like I'm wearing the same shirts over and over again. It may be time to search out some new ones soon. Oh, and I was in a training the other day in Fayetteville and when we got done I went and checked out a daycare that was close by that I've heard good things about. I wasn't really sure what I was doing or what kind of questions to ask, but I know we need to start looking and get on a waiting list. Kinda scary to think about! Here's a belly picture at 16 weeks, although there's nothing really to see...just a little pooch.

And here's 17 weeks...once again, not much to look at.


This guy at my office has a 7 year old and she came in this afternoon and said 'Kristen, I heard you're pregnant.' I said yep. She said 'congratulations' and proceeded to look at my stomach like, well where is it? Haha. Then she gave me her favorite toy from when she was little. It's baby chicks in eggs (appropriate for my job, right??), and it matches shapes and numbers and makes sounds. It looks a little old, but it was sweet. I think Hannah would probably enjoy it right now. Something for her to play with next time she comes over!

And our fruit of the week is:

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Baby Michaels gets to go to it's last Razorback game while in my belly on Saturday. Maybe the band or crowd will make it wiggle enough for me to finally feel something...wishful thinking! One more win and we're bowl eligible. Yay! Go hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment