Saturday, March 16, 2013

Flying Solo

This has been a Sara Kate and mommy kind of week.  Chris has been in Dallas since Tuesday and he's finally on his way home, yay!  In general, she is a BIG mommy's girl...this is what I hear all the time...'mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy, etc.'  Don't get me wrong, I love it, but at the same time, it can be exhausting.  But frequently she says, 'Sara Kate loves her mommy' and it melts my heart when she says that!  So having all of mommy's attention has been right up her alley. Getting up and out the door on time is a HUGE challenge when we're alone, and I think I was running late almost every morning.  Somebody is NOT a morning person (just like her mommy!!) and didn't want to get up at all!  Oh well, thankfully my job is flexible.  She's been great this week, and we've had lots of fun.  Our weather has finally started to turn in the spring like direction, so Tuesday night we played outside and she wanted to swing like a big girl in the big girl swing!
Wednesday we met Meme for a very quick dinner before heading to church.  We had sweet snuggles when we got home.
Thursday we had some unexpected surprise cousin time!  Jenny and family came to town for the afternoon/evening so Sara Kate was so excited to have dinner with Hannah.
Friday it was BEAUTIFUL outside!  I jetted out of work as soon as the clock hit 4:30, I picked Sara Kate up, and we headed to the playground.  My sweet friend Brandy and her baby girl met us there to play.  Landry and Sara Kate are 3 days shy of being exactly a year apart but they're about the same size.  And Brandy says seeing Sara Kate gives her a glimpse into her world in another year.  I told her good luck, ha!  The girls are very similar, though.  Landry was so into Sara Kate and wanted to do what she did...precious.  I love seeing interactions between little friends!
Alot of times we go play at a local elementary school playground, which isn't too far from where we live.  It's a new school and they have an awesome playground.  They have this little pre-k playground off to the side of the big playground, and they have these tricycles there.  Sara Kate loves them and she's starting to get the hang of it.  Good thing since that's what we are getting her for her birthday!! :-)  
I took this picture and looked at it and thought, when on earth did my baby girl get so big?!  I can't believe she's almost 3!!!
After all that play time, somebody was exhausted last night!  She got a good nights sleep, which was good because we headed out on the town today!  St. Patrick's festivities are going on in town, and Brandy and I decided we should meet up and take the girls to watch the parade.  We had lunch on Dickson Street and then walked down the street to watch the parade.
Sara Kate was starting to get sleepy but she watched the parade and waved to everyone as they came by.
Yes, Sara Kate wore the same shirt 2 days in a row...it's the only green thing she has and it's not even green, it's like a mint green!  Don't worry though, I washed it last night...ha!!  I, on the other hand, broke out my new green jeans that I bought on clearance after Christmas.  I'll be a big dork and show ya'll...don't laugh too much, haha!
So that's what Sara Kate and mommy have been up to this week.  Like I said, she's such a mommy's girl but I know she'll be happy to see daddy.  Tonight I'm picking up Chris as soon as he gets back into town and we're heading to Dickson Street to watch our Irish friend Richy play music.  It's some kind of charity fundraiser with food, drinks, and music for a great price, so we're looking forward to that.  Me and my green jeans are sure to have a fun time, haha!!  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment