Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

We have had a busy weekend! Since Friday was our anniversary, Chris and I went out to dinner at this great italian restaurant downtown, Bordino's. It's a really nice place and for us, it's a place to go to for special occasions. We had fantastic wine, tenderloin steaks, grilled asparagus and potatoes. We even got a yummy free dessert because it was our anniversary. It was a lemon tart with fresh blueberries and raspberry sorbet...it was delish and we polished it right off!
Happy Anniversary to Us!
What a difference a year makes!
While we were at dinner, Sara Kate spent some great quality time with her Meme! They had lots of fun playing and eating and playing some more!
Saturday, Chris and I helped host a wedding shower (it was actually like a wedding party) for our friends Joanna and Richy. They have a sweet little love story...he's from Dublin, Ireland, they met when she went to study abroad during college, they stayed friends, they decided they liked each other, Joanna moved to Ireland to see if they could make it work, and now they're getting married next month! Yay! Anyway, I went to help the girls set up Saturday morning, and I took Sara Kate with me so Chris could make salsa to take to the shower. She was super cute in a little purple outfit, purple bow, and white socks with purple tips...this one lady helping out is VERY impressed with Chris and his ability to take care of Sara Kate this summer...today at church, she was even telling people how cute she was and that he dressed her all by himself. He's a good daddy and people notice...aww! Anyway, I ended up wearing her in the Baby Bjorn and that worked out well. She actually took a little nap...gasp!! Ha! I came home, finished making what I needed to make for the shower, and took some cute pictures of our girl.
While we were at the party, Meme came over to take care of Sara Kate. They have had great bonding time this weekend. Thanks again, Meme...we love you! We got home kinda late and today we're pretty tired, but we ended up having a great time. Today we had church and then this afternoon we had a few errands to run. I needed to go to Kohl's to exchange a cute little 4th of July outfit someone gave Sara Kate. Fortunately, I found a dress in 3 month size and was able to exchange. Ya'll will have to wait for another week to see her all decked out in that adorable outfit! :-) Sara Kate was great while we were out and even took a little nap...again, gasp! Ha! We got home and she was in such a good mood so I took some pictures of her being adorable. She can be such a little ham when she wants to be...it's so cute!
Whew! Wish I had another day to recuperate! I'll definitely be looking forward to the long holiday weekend! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. You look great, Kristen! I can't believe you just had a baby. I also can't believe how much your sweet baby girl smiles for the camera. You've taught her well! :-)

    ReplyDelete