Saturday, June 19, 2010

Snapshot Saturday...and some other stuff

So I decided that Photo Saturday didn't sound good...so Snapshot Saturday it is! But first, some other stuff. We've had a good week. Sara Kate has been sleeping through the night all week long. Yay!! One morning she even made it to 6:00 am, but usually it's around 5:30. That's a schedule I can handle! I'll get up when she wakes up, feed her, put her down in her chair, and go get ready for work. I think Chris has been enjoying 'daddy duty.' He makes a point to get out of the house and go somewhere every day. He's taken Sara Kate to Barnes & Noble, Hastings, the park, the mall, Hobby Lobby, Office Depot, Toys R Us, and Target, just to name a few. When I get home, I am anxious to cuddle with my favorite girl! I'm waiting for the day that I walk in the house, she see's me, and her face lights up. Don't get me wrong, she's super smiley but I normally have to provoke a smile when I get home. I'm thinking she is probably becoming a daddy's girl...Chris can make her grin from ear to ear all the time! Yep, it makes me slightly jealous! But I'm happy they are getting this bonding time together.

Today we went to run errands and it was an exciting day, at least for me. Ha! I call this part of the post 'Duggar Days.' Can you guess where I'm going with this? Here in Northwest Arkansas, I guess you could say the Duggar's are local celebrities. Does anyone not know who the Duggar's are? If so, have you been living under a rock? They're the crazy family with 19 children, the youngest of which is in Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
Anyway, Sara Kate and I are in the mall today and who do I see? A couple of the Duggar girls! They were involved in a harp concert in the center of the mall. I always carry our little camera in my diaper bag so of course I had to take their picture! There were 2 girls playing harps and one younger girl was sitting on the front row (Jill and Jinger were playing the harps and Joy Anna was sitting down). I didn't see any others, though. I know, I'm a big dork.
So after my excitement at the mall, Chris came to pick us up and we went to Kohl's. After Kohl's we decided we were hungry and so we had some lunch at Kobe (Japanese place...we had sushi). We're sitting at a table minding our own business and who walks in?? MORE DUGGAR'S! Josh (the oldest), his wife Anna and their baby Mackenzie walked in. I wasn't in a good position to get a picture, plus it's a small restaurant so it would be obvious. I decided to use Sara Kate to my advantage...ha! As we were leaving, we walked by and I took a peak at their baby and then asked Anna where she gets all the big bows (on tv, the little Duggar girls and Mackenzie always has the big flower/bow headbands on, which I am having a heck of a time finding). So I made stupid little conversation, told them their baby was cute, and we left. Once again, I'm such a dork!!

Now I would like to ask for prayer for a friend of mine. My good college friend, Becca, has a 5 month daughter named Bailey. Yesterday she texted saying that Bailey needed prayer because she was having seizures. Turns out she's been diagnosed with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC). Wikopedia says that it's a condition in which the proteins that suppress tumor growth aren't there and benign tumors can grow in the body, specifically the brain, kidneys, and heart. Bailey has tumors growing on her brain, which are causing the seizures. Here is the link to Becca's blog. Please pray for baby Bailey!!!

And now to Snapshot Saturday! As I mentioned before, Chris is getting into photography. He even started a Photo Journal blog, which is linked to Flickr. Definitely go check out his blog! It's linked on my side bar or you can get to it here. Some of these pictures I can take credit for, but most of them are his.

No comments:

Post a Comment