Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Part 2

On Friday, we celebrated Christmas with Chris' family. The whole crew was there, including the family from Texas, his grandfather, Jenny, Jason, and the kids, us, and of course, his parents. We had a lovely afternoon/evening with everyone. Sara Kate was a completely different child than she was for our Christmas with my family, and she loved every minute of opening her presents and playing with her new toys. She was well and she loves being at her Meme and Poppa's house. We hung out for a bit and then it was time to open presents. With Chris' family, we all buy for the kids, and we do a gift exchange with the adults. All names going into a hat and each person draws a name, and then whoever you draw is who you buy a gift for. It works out good and is fun. We open presents one at a time, starting with the youngest and working up to the oldest. That way we can see what everyone got, which is fun.
Jenny and I had each other in the gift exchange, and Chris and Jason had each other, but all 4 of us had a gift from Santa and we all got these tumbler glasses! Chris and I are looking forward to using ours!
We had a little play time before a nice dinner of ham, green bean bundles, mashed potatoes, and gooey butter cake.
The kids had bathtime before the Texas family had to head out.
The caption for this picture is...
'I'm a giant man baby, don't mess with me!' :-)
Christmas Part 2 was great, and over all, our Christmas' were just wonderful. I just wish Sara Kate would have been well when we celebrated with my family. Oh well. The big gifts for Sara Kate this year were Little People! She got the Little People Nativity, the Little People Noah's Ark, and a Little People doll house and car. For me, gift cards were the big thing, and for Chris sweaters, grill stuff, and money were popular.

I've spent the last day of my Christmas break cleaning up the house, putting everything away, and having fun playing with Sara Kate. I'll end with one last picture of Sara Kate 'decorating' while Chris and I were un-decorating the tree. So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment